Aug 22, 2012

Making Frayuuuns


So for those of you losers who actually read this blog every once in a while, you'll remember a recent post I did about Jared Buschang's photography.... and if you don't remember but you're reading this now, just click here and read it. i'll wait. ok so FUNNY STORY about that first guy with the dyed hair who's twitter I mentioned, later that day my best bitch and I went to this Nike basketball game down in the L.E.S and on our way home we decided to not get on the subway right away and walk to the next station stop... so we're walking and shit, then all of a sudden we fucking saw him in the street and I was like "omggg your name's greasychicken... or uh chicken_grease!" (aka his instagram and twitter respectively) and thanks to the power of social networks and stuff I sorta kinda felt so connected to him already and like a loser started like verbally expressing the fact that I fucked with his work and was even able to refer to a photo he'd recently posted on Instagram of an Adidas shoot he did. But to be even weirder I used my friend's phone to go to my blog and show him the post... but only because I just thought it was so coincidental that the same day I posted something not necessarily about him, but giving him that little twitter shout out, we ended up seeing the guy. He was with his friend Alex who was also cool, pretty rare that you come across a guy who can pull off a bucket hat with a drawstring. I knew Tyler was a model, and when I asked Alex what he did he nonchalantly responded "everything", that later on translated into him being an artist who also does the whole fashion and music thing. We talked with them for a while and they gave us directions to the nearest subway and different ways to get home at least ten times because I have a shitty memory and Conasia lives in Mount Vernon (not that there's anything wrong with that lol.. ) but yeah they were super chill and we fuck with them. Once again, thanks to the power of social networks, I can share their shit with you.

HERE'S SOME OF TYLER'S WORK

Tyler's feature in this month's iD issue
Interview with Opening Ceremony (click to read)

Adidas ad!
AND SOME OF ALEX'S WORK (http://lxmrcsbls.tumblr.com/)

"The Virgin Aaliyah"
"Pop Off"
4ft. x 4ft. Acrylic on Paper
All their shit's dope like honestly... sidenote, I have a little theory that comes from me being a figure skater. If you think about it, when you see someone- like just on the street or whatever, you can never really know what it is that they do ... but in the right environment or with the right tools... it's amazing to see what they excel at. For example I figure skate and when I get off the ice I'm just a normal person that happens to have that talent along with other random normal people. Walking around with my stuff after practice is always interesting to me because it's like unless you've seen me perform, chances are you wouldn't think that I figure skate actually you probably wouldn't care. Unless I'm in my element which is being on the ice, there's no way you'd know that that's what I do... the same thing goes for if you hand me a camera. That sorta applies with Alex and Tyler, if you walked by them chances are you wouldn't double take, just regular guys minding their business, but give them the tools to do what it is that they do, and-- well as you can see they'll fuck shit up.

No comments:

Post a Comment