Jul 13, 2013

Treasure

I'm not a big fan of mainstream music. In fact, I make a conscious effort to not keep up with who's on the Top 100 and stuff like that. Occasionally, when I decide to turn on the radio, I'm reminded of why I keep my distance. Simply put, hearing the same song multiple times while flipping through stations gets really annoying. So I don't really know about a lot of the mainstream music that comes out until someone recommends stuff to me, or I see it online or something. About two or three years ago when Bruno Mars came on to the scene with his hits Grenade and Just the Way You Are; I wasn't ecstatic about the guy. To be honest, I soon got pretty sick of hearing them.

Fast forward a little to the release of Unorthodox Jukebox, Mars' second studio album, and I still didn't really know much about him. Luckily, my sister kind of likes pop music enough to listen and filter out the good, the bad and the "wtf is this". Without her, I wouldn't have given some of his work a chance. I'm pretty happy she'd blast songs on our iTunes despite my reluctancy. That being said, here's a video of his that I stumbled upon recently. It's about two months old (I know, I'm late) and unless you've seen it I suggest you press play and try to be as unbiased as possible, no matter what genre of music you're interested in. It's just very smooth and energetic; I also like the old school effect he put on the video; it reminds me of Michael Jackson's "Rock With You". Enjoy : )

                        

No comments:

Post a Comment