Jul 27, 2013

Joe Cruz


 As far as I can remember, the only thing I was really able to do with chalk was draw flowers and stick figures. Actually-- no that's a lie, there was the occasional tic tac toe game, or a hopscotch grid if I was feeling super energetic, but nothing serious; I was more of a let's play tag and jump double dutch kind of kid. I imagine if I'd had a look at Joe Cruz's art work at a young age, well who knows you might have been looking at a modern day Floda Kahlo, maybe a Paflo Picasso.... a Vincent Van Flogh? Ok, I should of stopped at the first one, but anyway, back to the post. Yo I'm in love with these; by adding color to these photographs he totally changes the mood and dynamic of them. Based out of a London, Cruz not only shows that you don't need anything fancy to make good art, but just some kind of medium, a good idea and creativity. If you read my blog these may remind you a little of John Baldessari who I wrote about a couple months ago (post here) and in a way they're both similar. Seriously though these are just a FEW of Cruz's work, check out some of his other work on his website.









No comments:

Post a Comment