Apr 16, 2013

*spoiler alert*


Did I ever mention how much I love and appreciate when artists invest time into their videos beyond just singing/rapping the lyrics into the camera? What about how much I appreciate artists who not only write their own lyrics, but make beats, and come up with concepts for their videos as well? J. Cole's video for his single "Power Trip" ft. Miguel off his second studio album came out the other day and it's just reminded me of my appreciation of artists who give that extra artistic "mmph" to their work; as well of the fact that I really want to get into videography. In the video Cole can't get over his ex girl, he's up all night drinking and singing love songs while this girl's moved on to the next guy (Miguel). So Cole and his hefty friend decide to take care of the situation and kill Miguel :(. The angles in the video are nice (although I could do without the random panning of tits or a stripper shaking her ass on my screen). Seeing Miguel's face a little more before he ended up in a body bag would've been cool too. I love that the video is not edited in a chronological order, so by the end I was like waiiiiit all this time they had a body on the roof of their car? then they just head to a strip club?! I actually went back and rewatched it three times, I love J. Cole though, and the song is mad catchy.

No comments:

Post a Comment