Nov 26, 2012

can we go thrift shopping.

Though I hate to say it, I think because of stereotypes and just like... because hip hop and rap are generally viewed as being genres of music that mostly black people make and produce, whenever someone comes along that is of a different race AND is good, they're always super respected. I'm by no means saying that this is because they identify as a different race but, I'm just saying... and it's not necessarily a bad thing... I mean it's great for the rapper who can show that race definitely doesn't indicate skill or anything (obviously), but it's just interesting to think about. The most well known examples I can think of are Eminem and like Drake ... though he's half black. I can't really think of anyone else-- wait no I just thought of Big Pun, which makes me think of Fat Joe and they were both latino... anyway. I was on Worldstar a while ago and saw this video called Thrift Shop by this guy named Macklemore and Ryan Lewis who I'd never heard of. The thumbnail was him wearing this huge fur coat and I clicked on it cause I was intrigued, also I really love thrift shops but never heard a song about one. I really liked the video, it was interesting and his lyrics were pretty dece too. Just watch the video and try and convince me that the tune in the first couple seconds doesn't get stuck in your head.

No comments:

Post a Comment