Aug 12, 2013

Lea Michele braves TCAs

The death of Glee star Cory Monteith is undoubtedly one of the most tragic of 2013 thus far. One month ago an accidental drug overdose at a hotel room in Canada took the life of the talented 31 year old and left his fans, family and fiance in shock. I used to watch Glee and I wasn't his biggest fan or anything but I was really upset when I found out about this.

Last night at the Teen Choice Awards his costar and fiance, Lea Michele, accepted her award for Choice TV Actress Comedy at the Teen Choice Awards. I watched the Youtube clip this morning, and sitting in my bed I couldn't help but tear up while I watched the acceptance speech. It was just really, really sad. I know what it feels like to deal with the sudden loss of a loved one and my condolences really go out to her, his friends and family. The strength she showed when accepting the award was simply admirable, and the brightness in her smile was very motivational.


Today also marks 25 years since Jean-Michel Basquiat, one of my favorite artists, also passed away at only 28 and unfortunately from a drug overdose as well. It really sucks to see a talented person's life cut short by something like this. May they both rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment